Fascinating Education LLC, 705 Kersey Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902 – fascinatingeducation.com
Terms and Conditions
Agreement between user and Fascinating Education
You further represent and agree that you are at least 18 years of age, have the authority to accept and agree to the terms of this agreement on your behalf and/or, if applicable, on behalf of your minor child or the organization you represent; and you will not use this website, nor allow anyone to use this website, (a) in violation of any law, regulation, ordinance or court order, (b) in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or otherwise impair the ability of Fascinating Education to make the website available to other users or to interfere with the use and enjoyment of the website by other users, (c) to create, copy, upload, download, store, publish, distribute, broadcast, transmit or otherwise disseminate any content, information or communication that (i) infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any third party patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or any other intellectual property right, or (ii) may be deemed libelous or slanderous, (d) to harass, intimidate, threaten or encourage any violence against any person, group or organization, (e) to transmit or otherwise disseminate any spam e-mails, viruses, corrupted files, spyware, malware, or any other software or code that may damage or impair the operation or security of any computer, hardware, software, system or service, (f) to gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer, hardware, software, system, service, account, communication or information of Fascinating Education or any other users or any third party, or (g) to engage in any conduct that could expose Fascinating Education LLC to civil or criminal liability.
Fascinating Education LLC reserves the right to change these guidelines and disclaimers at any time. You agree that each visit you make to the fascinatingeducation.com website is subject to the current guidelines.
1. Nature of the Service: This site is an educational site focused on the delivery of science and other educational material. Fascinating Education LLC provides a series of audiovisual curricula aimed at supplementing text based curricula. The material is primarily geared toward high school students, but may be used by younger students and/or as refresher material for college. This site and some of the articles on this site contain links to other resources and businesses on the Internet. Those links are provided as citations and aids to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that Fascinating Education sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links.
Fascinating Education LLC is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this site or any site linked to this site, whether from errors or omissions in the content of our site or any other linked sites, from the site being down or from any other use of the site. In short, your use of the site is at your own risk.
2. User Registration and Information: Member shall fill in the correct information requested in the User Registration form when subscribing to the service. Member shall select a username and password during the User Registration process and shall be responsible for: a) all use of the site made by the Member’s username and password, and b) maintaining the confidentiality of the Member’s username and password.
3. Content: The content may include messages and other materials posted to forums, groups, or other locations on the site. Members are deemed to grant Fascinating Education LLC the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and/or modify the content in connection with the operation of the fascinatingeducation.com website. Further, the member is deemed to grant Fascinating Education LLC the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and sell the content within the limitations set by the member during the online publishing process. The member is also deemed to authorize Fascinating Education LLC to disclose his/her personal data when the member includes such personal data in the content. The FascinatingEducation.com website may contain links to other websites. The Linked Sites are not under the control of Fascinating Education LLC and Fascinating Education LLC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, including without limitation any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to a linked site. Fascinating Education LLC is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Fascinating Education LLC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Fascinating Education LLC of the site or any association with its operators. These Terms and Conditions do not cover your interaction with linked sites, and you should carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party sites.
In addition to linked sites, certain services made available via fascinatingeducation.com may be delivered by third parties. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the fascinatingeducation.com domain, you hereby acknowledge and consent that Fascinating Education may share such information and data with any third party with whom Fascinating Education has a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service or functionality on behalf of fascinatingeducation.com users and customers.
Fascinating Education LLC reserves the right to make changes and improvements at any time and without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
5. Right to use content: You hereby grant to Fascinating Education LLC a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, right and license to use any content you upload to any user accessible portions of this website, including but not limited to your name, voice, likeness and any text, video, imagery, audio and other content, for the purpose of promoting public awareness and support of our website and/or the courses and services offered. You warrant and represent that you have obtained all third party assignments, license grants, permissions and releases necessary to grant the foregoing license to Fascinating Education. You further warrant and represent that the content you upload to any user accessible portions of this website, or otherwise provide to Fascinating Education, will not infringe upon, violate or misappropriate any third party patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property rights.
6. Indemnity: Members shall indemnify and hold Fascinating Education LLC (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of members breach of this Agreement, or members violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
7. No Agency: No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
8: Fees and Renewals: From time to time, we may offer different subscription terms, and the membership fees for such subscriptions may vary. The membership fees are non-refundable except as expressly agreed to in writing by Fascinating Education LLC.
9: Free Trials and Refund Policy: Free trials of certain Fascinating Education products and services may be offered from time to time. The terms and conditions of such free trials shall be contained in the offer. No refund of any amount paid shall be granted under any of the following circumstances: 1) the accurate conversion of a free trial to a paid service, 2) the accurate collection of any fee for any active membership or other subscription service, or 3) the accurate collection of fees or other payment for any other product or service.
10. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be construed under and governed in accordance with the laws of Maryland.
11. Arbitration: Any dispute arising under this contract shall be resolved under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association.
12. Copyright and Trademark Notices: All contents of the fascinatingeducation.com website are Copyright © 2012 Fascinating Education and/or its suppliers, affiliates and partners. All rights reserved. No permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify these materials. No permission is granted here to you to use Fascinating Education icons, site address, or other means to hyperlink other Internet sites with any page in the Fascinating Education Web site, and Fascinating Education assumes no responsibility for any other party’s site hyperlinked to the fascinatingeducation.com website or in which any part of the fascinatingeducation.com website has been hyperlinked.
You acknowledge and agree that all content made available to you via this website is protected by applicable copyright, privacy and publicity laws and all rights are reserved by Fascinating Education. You acknowledge and agree that such content is provided solely for your personal viewing and use on this website and is not provided for any other purpose or use. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you represent and agree that you will not reproduce, publish, display or make any commercial use of any content made available to you via this website without the prior written consent of Fascinating Education.